Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A Friend





Tonight after Bible Study, I had to go to Wal-Mart to pick up a last minute gift for Cathy, but they didn’t have what I needed so I am going to have to try a different Wal-Mart. But that isn’t why I titled my blog “A Friend”. Here is why.
When I got home I grab me a snack, a healthy snack of grapes and cheese (ok I did have a snack pack, well actually 2 of them) but I still ate my grapes and cheese. Anyway, Landon was in bed and Cathy was talking to her mom (Darlene Winkle) and Brady was in the shower. So I decided to watch my DVD of the original Superman [with Christopher Reeve] anyway, they had some great lines in it. There are lines that Jor-El says that are cool but I will save that for another blog. The line that got me was this.
When Superman did a good deed for Lois Lane, she asked, “Who are you”? The reply that Superman gave was a simple one, he said “A friend”.
How many times do we ever do something for some stranger and instead of giving them our name and expect something in return we just say, “A friend”. One of my favorite Bible verses is from John 15:13 “No greater love is this, that he lay his life down for his friend”.
Wow, isn’t that powerful stuff! Like the song says “What a Friend We Have in Jesus”. What it would be like to live in a world where, when you did a good deed all you said when someone asked “Why you doing this” and you reply “Cause there is no greater love then this, when a person lays his life down for a friend.”

No comments: