Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Billy Jack


Lately, I have been lying down with Landon during his bed time until he feels safe and comfortable. (I only fell asleep once, ok maybe twice since we started) then I would get up and finish what needs to be done for the night (usually eating a sandwich) But last night for some reason I was lying there watching him and he was talking to me saying things like “drink daddy” or “daddy poopie diaper” Any way, I got to thinking about when I was his age and maybe a bit older, and how my dad use to love this movie called “Billy Jack”. This morning while driving to the office the theme song from Billy Jack came on the radio, and I started cracking up laughing. Here are the lyrics and for those who don’t know who Bill Jack is, I have the cult classic on DVD!

PS... Any one know the famous line from that movie?




One Tin Soldier (The Legend of Billy Jack)
by Lambert-Potter, sung by Coven

Listen, children, to a storyThat was written long ago,

'Bout a kingdom on a mountainAnd the valley-folk below.

On the mountain was a treasureBuried deep beneath the stone,

And the valley-people sworeThey'd have it for their very own.Go ahead and hate your neighbor,

Go ahead and cheat a friend.

Do it in the name of Heaven,You can justify it in the end.There won't be any trumpets blowingCome the judgement day,On the bloody morning after....One tin soldier rides away.


So the people of the valleySent a message up the hill,

Asking for the buried treasure,Tons of gold for which they'd kill.

Came an answer from the kingdom,"With our brothers we will share

All the secrets of our mountain,All the riches buried there.

"Go ahead and hate your neighbor,Go ahead and cheat a friend.Do it in the name of Heaven,You can justify it in the end.There won't be any trumpets blowingCome the judgement day,On the bloody morning after....One tin soldier rides away.


Now the valley cried with anger,"Mount your horses! Draw your sword!

"And they killed the mountain-people,

So they won their just reward.Now they stood beside the treasure,

On the mountain, dark and red.Turned the stone and looked beneath it...

"Peace on Earth" was all it said.

Go ahead and hate your neighbor,Go ahead and cheat a friend.Do it in the name of Heaven,You can justify it in the end.There won't be any trumpets blowingCome the judgement day,On the bloody morning after....

One tin soldier rides away..

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to put this left foot , on the right side of your face and there ain't a "blank" thing u can do about it....!

Anonymous said...

Was this the answer to your question?

Anonymous said...

I was going to post the same thing violet.


Great movie.

Anonymous said...

See Keith all GREAT MINDS have good memories..:) sometimes mine goes and comes though I think it has something to do with AGE! :)

Anonymous said...

We used to sing that song in choir.
Lovely lyrics for teenagers to be singing but anyway.......I love the melody of the song. Every now and again, I catch myself singing that song.

I never knew that song was based on a movie. Wow, Lonnie, actually taught me something :) Just teasing Lonnie!

Glenda N.