Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Does It Matter?


I am sitting in my office. It is around 6:40pm on Tuesday August 28, 2007. That is correct. It is Tuesday, but does it matter? I have a lodge meeting to go to in about 45 minutes, but does it matter? I had a frozen dinner for supper tonight, but does it matter?
I just went back and fixed all the “dots” that should have been question marks”, but does that matter?

I guess what I am getting at is that for some time now, I noticed more and more people trying to “fit-in” or rush or even stress over the smallest things. When only thing that really matters is that we are here to please God.

I caught my self from time to time recently just worrying over the littlest things instead of trying to “save the world”.. (Or in most cases, make it a little more pleasant for others)

Well this month I had the opportunity to baptize two young kids and another is set to be baptizing soon. I tell you what. You want to get a perceptive on life..
Watch a young child hear, learn and accept Jesus Christ.. That is what matters!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I must say that is an "interesting?"" picture of you on the church website. At first, I thought the kid with a spoon and dish was you (ha).

You are so right about the thought of what matters. Sometimes we do get caught up in things that don't mean a hill of beans. I am SO GUILTY of worrying about things !! I am really trying to decrease the stress about the silly things and focus my time and energy on what God wants !!!!! That is the most important !

Thanks for reminding us to "shift" our focus to what is important :)

Glenda N.

Anonymous said...

With one of those children being mine and the other being a friend of his, from what I have seen I certainly could'nt agree more.


Mark