Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Abby's Gift




Hey, how is everyone doing.. Well since I am a big "chick-flicks" movie watcher, I thought I would give it a try, and see if I can write something in my spare time.
This is what I have so far...

Abby’s Gift

Prologue


Cherry Grove was just like any other small Kentucky town. As I sit in the waiting room of the UK Medical Center, (United Kingdom Medical Center), where the best neurologist in the world are, my mind couldn't’t help but go back to a more simpler time.

A time when you could leave your front doors unlock and we kids knew when the fire flies came out, we had thirty minutes to get home.

That was when I first met Abigail Johnson or “Abby” as she was known by all who knew her, only her grandmother and her mom when she got in trouble on occasion, would call her Abigail.

Abby was the best player at kick the can, a game of fast paced, heart racing excitement that only a twelve year boy or girl could really appreciate.

Now, as I sit flipping thru the pages of out dated back issues of Field and Stream, and Better Homes and Gardens, in room number two –twenty-four, I can’t help but wonder, did she make the right decision, and was it worth it.



Abby’s Gift

Chapter 1 – Kick the Can


“No, you didn’t tag me!” shouted Jason, as he stood there arguing with Abigail Johnson, the new girl. Abby, as she was known by her friends, moved to Cherry Grove at the end of the school term, two weeks before summer vacation. Her father has died of a brain tumor when she was 3 years old, and her mom wanted to start over and find more healing. She had heard about Cherry Grove from her Aunt, who grew up her, then moved to New York to start her career in the theater. A lot of people would say that Aunt Carol was where Abby received her magical imagination.

“Yes I did!!” shouted back Abby, louder then Jason, “You are such a big baby.” she shouted, “Fine,” “I will be it again!”

“Hey Willie, come and help me count.” Abby knew I hated the name Willie; my parents named me William Edward, after my great grandfather and I only like to answer to Eddie. But she was cute and I had the biggest crush on her, so whatever she wanted to call me was just fine with me.

“Coming!” I said.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a hidden talent that know one knew u had...we can split the book sales..

mom