Thursday, June 19, 2008

Camp Devo #1...




“Can We Fix It ….Yes We Can”!


Every morning around 8:30am at my house, I am awaken to the sounds of my three year old son Landon singing the theme song to “Bob The Builder”, and when he gets to his favorite part of the song, he screams, “CAN WE FIX IT…YES WE CAN”!

As I sit in my office preparing this devotional, those words are echoing in my mind. It sort of reminds me of how young Timothy must have felt when Paul instructed him to go and preach the good news of Jesus Christ. I can see young Timothy sitting there all excited and knowing like you know,this world is not a perfect place and he jumps up and screams, “CAN WE FIX IT… YES WE CAN”!

But we can’t be like Bob the Builder; we can’t fix broken hearts, or broken homes with bull dozers or big trucks. We have to be able to fix our world with life changing decisions for Jesus Christ, and then take that to the world. Just as Jesus commanded the early disciples to “go out and baptized them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, Paul is instructing Timothy to “not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, and in love, and in faith, and in purity”.

As you leave here this week, our prayer is that you can be like Timothy, and let your life be the “bull dozers” and “dump trucks” that fixes your world. And your generation can say, “CAN WE FIX IT.. YES WE CAN”!

No comments: