Monday, June 16, 2008

What If..................?




What if it was possible to "time - travel" .. would you do it?.. I mean check this out, what if you could go back in time and stop the assignation of Lincoln or JFK.. or better yet what if you can go back and stop the attack on Pearl Harbor..

The reason I bring this up.. is I was watching this movie tonight called "The Final Countdown.. it was about the USS Nimitz (modern aircraft carrier) time warped back to December 6th 1941... What will the do.. what would you do?.. I know allot of people would love to go back in time and change history.. but is it our job to change the fate of time..I know it would be nice to stop our love ones from dying or being killed.. but again.. is it our job to do that?

I am reminded of this quote I read in a book..

The story was about this Jewish village that got attacked during "pre-WWII" a hand full of students and their teacher escaped with their lives.. anyway the teacher said this..

"I wish I was God right now." and one of the students said "Sir, what would you change"? and the teacher said.."I wouldn't change anything, I would just be able to understand."..

pretty good quote.

No comments: