Monday, December 22, 2008

Puff




It is Monday afternoon and I am sitting in my office.. I had to work today, because Cathy needed to be at her work on Tuesday.. I came in and worked on Upward Basketball and Cheer leading.. putting the finishing touches on it before I leave for vacation on Friday.. I am not really going anywhere.. I am just relaxing at home staying up late and eating a cheese ball.. anyway.. The reason I am blogging..

I was listening to that song, Puff, The Magic Dragon..and I didn't realize how sad the end of the song is.. here are the lyrics to the last part..(try not to sing if you can help it)

A dragon lives forever
But not so little boys
Painted wings and giant rings
Make way for other toys.

One grey night it happened,
Jackie Paper came no more
And Puff that mighty dragon,
He ceased his fealess roar.

His head was bent in sorrow,
Green scales fell like rain,
Puff no longer went to play
Along the cherry lane.

Without his life-long friend,
Puff could not be brave,
So Puff that mighty dragon
Sadly slipped into his cave. Oh!

I guess the sad part was when I was with Landon yesterday.. We were doing some last minute Christmas shopping and it was sort a "guys day out" Brady was at a birthday party and Alex was napping..
But the more I listen to this song.. the more I think about my boys.. like I said before..
Brady will be 14 in a few weeks.. and he is already growing to the point that "he is a teen and don't need dad around as much" and Landon.. my goodness..he is getting to the age of almost ready for school..(he will be 4 in a few months) and when he puts on his back pack with his trains.. he looks so grown up..and finally Alexander.. he is just a "hoss" running around slamming into the wall!!

They grow up so fast.. I still hope they will need their dad..

No comments: