Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Esophagus Stretching Procedure..Or..OUCH!!




Hello everyone.. with the weather being bad and not really having time to blog, I thought I would write a quick blog about my procedure on Monday..

(TEXT BOOK ANSWERE)
What is wrong with me:
Acid Peptic Stricture - This condition is very common. The stomach produces acid which, in turn, can reflux into the esophagus. This event is usually made worse by the presence of a hiatus hernia. Over time, the acid and peptic stomach juices injure the esophagus, causing inflammation and then scarring. The fibrous scar then contracts and narrows the esophageal opening.

Schatzki's Ring - This condition is really exactly that, a narrow ring of benign fibrous tissue constricting the lower esophagus. Physicians still do not know how it develops.

(WHAT I FELT)
Cough.. Cough.. Gag, Gag... Scope... Scope.. Chew slowly Chew slowy..(I did this 4 times)

(WHAT THEY DID FOR ME MONDAY)
TEXT BOOK:
Achalasia Dilators - Achalasia is a special situation which requires a larger, balloon-type dilator. The procedure is frequently done under x-ray control. In this situation, the spastic muscle fibers in the lower esophagus are stretched and broken, which in turn allows easier passage of food and liquid into the stomach.

(WHAT I FELT)
OUCH!!!!!!

I have to do it one more time at the end of the month..

(Dont worry.. in about 3 weeks, I wil be able to eat a whole turkey again in one bite!!!

No comments: