Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Goodbye Mr. Yellow Wiggle




The Australian band that specializes in children's entertainment, The Wiggles, are to announce that one of the founding members, Yellow Wiggle Greg Page, 34, is quitting, The Sydney Morning Herald reported. Page, 34, reportedly has a chronic illness called orthostatic intolerance that causes him to faint and lose his balance.The Australian Broadcasting Corporation has produced several series of Wiggles television programs. In the United States, these series are broadcast on the Disney Channel and in the United Kingdom on Nick Jr."It's a condition called orthostatic intolerance, which basically means that when I stand up, my heart doesn't pump enough blood around my body," Page said. "It's not a life-threatening disease by any means but it is one that's going to be with me for the rest of my life. It means I will no longer be able to sing and dance the way I want to, and, as a result, I've decided to stop performing with the Wiggles."He will be replaced by Sam Moran. Page's long-time understudy Moran began filling in for him about four years ago when symptoms of the illness first appeared, and has done about 150 shows with the group. "It's always been a little bit daunting filling in for him," Moran said. "I'm definitely finding my own little niche within the group."Greg Page was the tallest band member at 194 cm (6 feet 4 inches). Page lives in Sydney with his wife, Michelle, and their two children, Blaine & Madison.

No comments: