Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Redman

Tonight, I had my Falmouth Police Citizen’s Academy class. Before I get into the story I am about to say, I have to take my hat off to any and all Police Officers. “Hats Off” you guys and gals do amazing work.
Now on to my story, and after you read this you will understand how “pumped and tired” I feel

What happens is that they put an officer in this protective red suit and you as the “acting” officer on duty are put in some scenarios. With that being said, this how my night went down.
Scenario #1
I was called to the house of a gentleman who was 89 years of age and had lost his wife of 50 years and for the past few weeks wasn’t taking care of himself and needed to be taken to the hospital for mental evaluation. Well I had to make some commands in a very loud voice he wouldn’t do what I asked him to do, and then he had a knife. He started talking about wanting to kill himself so I pulled out my night stick and try to talk him down. Just then he started inching towards me. I was yelling at the top of my voice to drop the knife, he wouldn’t then he came after me and I shot him. I tried it again and this time instead of shooting him I wrestled him to the ground and he gave up.

Scenario #2
I was on a routine traffic stop for speeding, and came to fine out that this guy had a warrant out for his arrest. He wouldn’t exit the vehicle so I had to drag him out. Just then he attacked me. I got my night stick out and started beating him but then he got the upper hand and tried to get on top of me. Just then I think something “snapped” I just got mad or something, and rolled him over and finally got him handcuffed and while he was handcuffed, I was still beating him!

The Officers said I did a great job with my voice commands and everything else. Just one little thing. “Lonnie, when you have them in handcuffs, you can’t keep beating them”

I found out one thing; I didn’t realize how much aggression I had stored up (ha-ha)

Over all, it was a pretty intense night.

2 comments:

Chad Doerr said...

Maybe you need to enroll in some anger management classes instead of the police academy.

Anonymous said...

Actually, you can keep beating them but then someone gets a video camera out and next then you know you are yelling "Can't we all just get along."