Tuesday, May 01, 2007

What Do You Say?

This is so funny…
Yesterday, we had a gentleman stop by our house to estimate how much a new furnace and central air unit would be (we are planning to have it all installed by the end of May) anyway, he was supposed to be at the house at 10am. Well, around 11am he wasn’t there yet. So “mother nature” and the “chili dogs, egg salad, soda pops, couple candy bars, bowl of cereal and a Sunday cone,” started kicking in. I told Cathy I was heading to the rest room to “relax and think about life” anyway as soon as I got my self comfortable, there was a knock at the door. Yep! It was him. Cathy didn’t know what to do or say. She introduced herself and said, “my husband is in the shower.” I heard this and started laughing. How could I been in the shower with out the water running. And what made it worse, sometimes it takes me while to “relax” so I hear them in the basement while they were looking at the old furnace. And I was thinking to myself. He still doesn’t hear any water running. By that time I thought it would be a good time to “flush away my sorrows” and I started to quack up laughing to myself. Cathy said she was so embarrassed when they heard the toilet flush, knowing that she told him I was in the shower minutes before.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor Cathy..she should have said he is in his office come back in an hour or so....or she should have ordered the most expensive air-conditioner he had! :)

Anonymous said...

Cathy should have told the truth.

:)

Being a guy, the air-conditioner man would have understood. He would have looked at his watch and thought that he had time to go eat lunch. (ha) Maybe he should have invited Lonnie "out" for lunch. That would have made Lonnie come out in a hurry. (ha)

Glenda

Anonymous said...

Maybe he didn't think that Cathy was fibbing but rather you just take rather odd showers.

Anonymous said...

Hey Glenda, he could have had Leftovers for Lonnie

Anonymous said...

haha. that is the greatest story ever. sheeesh you make me laugh!