Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Completed

Well tonight I completed my 10 week course of the Falmouth Citizen’s Police Academy.
We had some guest speakers and some great food at the graduation ceremony. The two best parts were when they let me say a few words at the beginning and have a moment of silence and prayer for the falling Officers and the families who must go on. and having Cathy there to see me receive this hornor. I concluded with the reading of Ephesians 6:10-12, where Paul talks about the Armor of God and that we are fighting a war not of the flesh but of the spirit.
One thing I heard over and over again was that “The days of Mayberry and Barney are gone.” And as I look around today and watch the news and listen to Brady tell me some things about the schools...
It is so true…. The days of Mayberry are gone…
Thanks to all the fellows of the Falmouth Police Dept. I had a blast... and the rest of the Class of 2007 Citizens Academy.


PS... "Bad Boys Bad Boys What-cha Going To Do, When Lonnie Comes After You"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the prayer and the words before graduation. I am glad that you took the class we enjoyed having you in it.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Pleeeeze, pleeeze, Mark! don't let Lonnie carry a weapon...The army wouldnt even let him.....

His Mom!

Anonymous said...

Loved your version of Bad Boys !

I have to admit that I did give just a little chuckle at the visual image of you chasing thugs through the streets of Falmouth.

Go Get Them SuperMan !!!!!!!!

Glenda N.