Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fire




OK, since my lovely mother had to mentioned that I caught the barracks on fire.. (which was only a small part in a closed room - my room) I will tell you what really happened.

You see it was a Friday night, and we had an early morning end of the month inspection. I am talking about "standing tall and looking good" type of inspections, where the Brigade General and Battalion Commander has a peek.

Anyway there is this trick to make your floor look real shiny!. You get a can of past floor wax, catch it on fire, then blow it out (or some would say to just put the lid back on it) and pour out the liquid wax. Then you can buff it to a shine.

Well Travis (my room mate) and I got a can of wax and it was about 3:00 in the morning. We didn't want to buff the floor to early then it would get scuffed up. We knew the inspection was 3 hours later..

So I proceeded to "catch the can of wax on fire".. when it flamed up.. and boy did it flame up!!! I couldn't find the lid to put the fire out.. so I blew real hard.. that cause the flame to burn off my eye brows and it caught the window curtain on fire!!

Travis got a towel and try to "stomp" it out!! it caught the towel on fire, (I guess hot flaming wax can be a good fire starter) then when he flicked the towel back it caught my bed on fire..

Just then the alarms went off and the building was evacuated..No one was hurt..But we were in so much trouble.

Needless to say.. We didn't have an inspection that day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WHAT CAN I SAY....! ONLY LONNIE COULD DO THIS!

HIS MOMMA!