Thursday, August 14, 2008

Twenty Years Ago.....




This Saturday night I have my 20th high school class reunion. It is hard to believe that twenty years has gone by.. it happened so fast.. I look around at my office walls and I see so many pictures of people who are in my life, and the ones who are no longer around.
I look at the pictures of my family,.. my beautiful wife and my amazing three boys. But if I close my eyes long enough I can see yesterday.....

I can see my self with my best friend from high school Flynn, him and I jumping on the back of motorcycles and following the school bus around, cause there was a certain young lady I wanted to impress!!.. Oh I impressed her alright..

Then I even look closer and I see myself in my "cool shoes".. I had to have "Nike Air" these shoes cost over $150.00.. my car now isn't worth that much.. I see myself my senior year, thinking I was so cool in my "stone washed Levi's, pink shirt, white suspenders (hanging down) and my cool shoes"..

and you all thought I dress funny now..
I am getting more excited as Saturday night comes closer.. I am wondering what everyone has been up too the last twenty years.. and I wonder how many are going to fall over when they hear I am a Minister of the Gospels...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I REMEBER THOSE NIKE AIR'S YOU WORKED HARD FOR THEM...AS FAR AS THE MOTORCYCLE OF FLYNS I THINK YOU LANDED IN A DITCH! SPENT MORE TIME ON GROUND THEN ON BIKE..HAVE FUN AT UR REUNION CAUSE TIME GO'S
BY REAL FAST..

MOM