Friday, April 27, 2007

The Gift Of Flight

I get this question a lot.. “Of all the super-heroes out there, why do you pick Superman?”
So to be honest, there is a lot of reason why I choose Superman. I think the first thing is that he is honest and true to his word, that is something no one can take away from you. But I think the biggest thing he does is that he helps people. The kind of help that requires countless sincere amounts of “thanks you” and yet he doesn’t request it or requires it for his help. Just goes about doing what is right. Like another man I know. Ezra (from the Old Testament) he just did what was right. Didn’t expect a bunch of people saying “thank you.”

Plus I like the “similarities” of Superman and Jesus..(By NO means am I saying that Superman is Jesus) all I am saying is that I think it is pretty cool how they are similar.
For example:
Superman was sent from the “heavens” by his father Jor-El to save a dying planet
Jesus was sent from Heaven by God (his father) to save mankind.

Superman has three forms (or identities) Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman

Jesus has three forms Father / Son / Holy Ghost

El which is Jor – El and Kal – El’s Kroptonian surname is Hebrew for God

Well anyway.. Thought I would clear the air..

No comments: